Summer holiday locations you will love for a staycation
13 January, 2021
Summer holiday locations here in Australia are so much more popular with locals since we were hit by the pandemic in 2020.
Border and travel restrictions during COVID-19 mean we have to spend our holidays locally here in Australia. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up on that great hotel experience and the lovely interiors that make a break so special.
So in this episode of our podcast we’ve got recommendations for summer holiday locations and beautiful hotels for your next staycation.
WHICH AUSTRALIAN HOTELS HAVE BEAUTIFUL INTERIORS?
We go into lots of detail in the podcast, but here are some of our favourite hotels with beautiful interiors in summer holiday locations you will love:
- The Alex Hotel in Perth is a very cool concrete construction with interiors influenced by mid-century and art deco aesthetics. Plus you’ve got to check out the local drinks at their honesty bar (how every hotel should serve their drinks).
- Halcyon House in northern NSW, where you feel like you’re on holidays as soon as you walk in the door. This hotel by the beach has a stunning pool with a bar and restaurant just steps away. So you can cool off in the pool or in the ocean and then refresh further with a cocktail. The blue and white interiors are beautiful, eclectic and hamptons in style, feeling fresh and modern for a beautiful staycation.
- The Provincial Ballarat in regional Victoria is owned by TV presenter Gorgi Coghlan. This hotel has an authentic quirky vibe and is a little bit like a country version of Halcyon House. There’s some nice pops of blue and white and some fabulous vintage furniture. It’s playful and eclectic and well worth the trip from Melbourne.
- The Calile in Brisbane is a personal favourite. Though it’s in the city, this hotel is beachy and breezy in every way. The designers have taken a contemporary approach, highlighting pastels and curves, which both really add to the feeling of relaxation. And the pool-side cabanas are a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. It is located in a fantastic precinct with everything you could want from food to shopping right there.
- Pumphouse Point in Central Tasmania is surrounded by wilderness on the stunning Lake St Clair. This old water pumping station has been turned into a spectacular 19-room accommodation. And they’ve brought the outside in with local raw-saw timber in common areas, comfy chairs, warm fireplaces and huge windows with views of the lake. It’s a fantastic option to retreat in the snow and freezing weather or in the warmer months.
Where are you going this summer? What is your favourite summer holiday location? Let me know on the socials or email me on the contact page.
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST
Our award-winning interior design podcast, hosted by Sydney interior stylist Lauren Keenan, is now in its sixth year.
Lauren and Producer Scott are working right through the Australian summer to bring you short, sharp and fun episodes with some useful advice on a single topic to help you create a home you love.
Get in touch if you have a topic you want us to talk about on the show. Rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts. And subscribe in your favourite podcast app like Spotify or iHeartRadio so you never miss an episode.
And if you want Lauren to get started on a project in your home, email firstname.lastname@example.org. It could be building, renovating or just updating your favourite room.
join our mailing list
Styling tips, tricks and news straight to your inbox.